Friday 3 September 2010

Liverpool to York

We have arrived in beautiful York......this is the England that I love to see. But first some final pictures of Liverpool:
Larry has followed Liverpool for as long as I have known him
(34 plus years), so he did a bit of damage in the store!
????
We did the "Ferry Cross the Mersey"
Our hotel on the docks - back view
Larry enjoys the English brew and this label appealed
Had to convince Larry to get on this as he is scared of
heights - I enjoyed the view but not so sure about him!
I know what you're thinking but Larry ate half of it!!
Where the Beatles phenomena began
The hall of fame took us way back
All these bands have played here
And Larry's hero Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull)
Above - Clever architecture on the waterfont (still in progress)
Below - the rich and famous from Liverpool and their boats

And to York - part of the Roman wall right on our hotel's
doorstep. We plan to walk the 2 mile wall tomorrow
LOVE these buildings
A birth record in this very building from 1606!
And above - the British Quilt Museum & Gallery which is also on the agenda tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. Love the sign .... but was drinking a morning coffee when I read it.

    I have cleaned the monitor! Thank you for asking!

    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having a great time Michele :)
    The old buildings in York that you went to are where my hubbies gggp's lived!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x