Friday 3 December 2010

Quilt Market and Hip Hop fun

Where have I been??!! I tried to update my blog while I was away but had no luck with a connection. So I have a load of catch-up to do!! I have been teaching for the past week in NSW but before I share pictures of that here is a brief note about my weekend 2 weeks ago! I had double fun with the Australian Quilt Market (a first for me), and Sophie's amazing team performing in the World Hip Hop championship. Quilt market first:
 The charming Tim Myers from Lloyd Curzon's showing new fabrics and in the background a black background version of the Adelaide collection sampler (how did I not get a pic of Jim??)
 Di Mill with the Adelaide Sampler behind her
 It was lovely to meet the lovely Leesa Chandler - a great camaraderie
as we shared some of the behind the scenes process of being involved in a fabric line. Check her website: http://www.chandlerscottage.com/index.php
 From left Jenny of Horsham Sewing Centre, Brenda Ryan, (check Brenda's gorgeous website; http://www.brendaryan.com.au/) then yours truly and Vicki Jenkin - an award winning quilter from Victoria.
The delightful Helen Stubbings (another great wesite to visit; http://www.hugsnkisses.net/) It was great to meet Helen after all this time - she has been a wealth of information to me over the years.
 And Pam Spurway who produces the gorgeous cottage garden threads

 And then what a night!!
 These juniors were amazing - their energy has to be seen to be believed
 Now I am not "in the know" but I believe this was an impressive judge from the USA!
And my pride and joy with her man (this is my younger daughter at 26 yrs and
I didn't get a photo of her older sister who was a spectator with me)

 It was heart stopping when  the team appeared.....Sophie is on the far right below

And below on the far left (and we did the applique on the jackets together!
Nice that Sophie knows how to do the tracing and cutting part of applique!!)

 Sensational teams from overseas
And the winners from Singapore and then the finale was a 30 minute "jam session"
 with everyone on stage. A great night


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x