Wednesday 13 July 2011

Music and flowers

Thankyou so much for your emails, messages and cards..........
We still have holes in the ceiling and wall but the unpacking is almost done!
Last week I received some beautiful flowers (thanks Faye, Vicki & Marg). The tulips have been wonderful to watch for nearly a week but sadly they are now tired. The pink tulips stood up straight but the other type decided to weep their heads from day 2 and never opened - nevertheless they have still been stunning.............





Our moving date was changed three times and resulted in some disruption to classes and events. One of those was as a guest of the Modbury Community & Craft group to assist in their fundraiser for the Biggest Morning Tea. Sadly I could not attend but instead I lent a suitcase full of my quilts to share. Yesterday the quilts came back home and as a thankyou I was given this amazing hand painted tray - it is one of the blocks from the Adelaide Collection quilt! Just stunning and now has pride of place - thanks so much girls (and Tony the artist)
I will leave you with my favourite image of Jane Morris painted by Dante Gabriel Rossetti. They had an intriguing relationship and I do wonder if the Morris daughters were Dante's or William's!
If you click on this link you will see more of his art work with the music as a bonus!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_41ogbDfV6Y&feature=related

Have a good week

1 comment:

  1. sew pleased to hear you are finally moved in. It seems like ages since you were in Wagga and hoping to sell your old place. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x