Friday 26 October 2012

An Aussie quilter in New Jersey

Well where on earth have I been??! Monday we left New York and we were picked up by the bubbling and excited Jo Ann from Garden State Quilters and was she super excited....jumping out of her skin!! My nerves soon settled over pizza and once I reached the Guild I realised it was just like being at home and soon after show and tell I got on with my obsession....all things William Morris. Here is a little of the show and tell.......some familiar designs in there!





Thanks so much girls for making it such a special night - your warm welcome made me truly feel at home! Thanks also to Donna, the editor of the Quilt Trends magazine who drove many miles to visit. The following day (and this was the day Jo Ann talked me into!!), was a sit, sew and share - kind of a "pseudo workshop" with about 43 attending. I tried to get around to everybody and to share in everything I could....do hope everyone enjoyed the day - I certainly did especially the special home baked goodies and the beautiful tea cups and real tea!!! Thanks Barbie for the PG tips and the special tea cup!





Some girls worked in wool and some in cotton and all had pre prepared their blocks -a great way to do it and thanks Jo Ann and your team for making that work so well. We worked with hand stitching so it was a relaxing way to sit and chat..........





Jo Ann and Barbie "doll" picked us up yesterday to share in the sights of their beautiful Garden State New Jersey. The weather was perfect and our visual feast was in Princeton and a visit to Princeton University. Who would have ever thought we would see something like this in the US.......the British certainly left their mark.......











 I squealed with delight when this little critter scurried past...I thought it was a baby squirrel but in fact it was my first look at a chipmunk!! They are so tiny.....the size of a large mouse (I didn't want to say "rat" but the locals think they are rats...except Barbie!) They are so cute - you can just see him in the centre below.........
 The leaves are still stunning but there is a storm approaching the East Coast so we have been lucky to see the last of them.........





 Stunning holly trees........

 Some more sights from Princeton........

Larry, Barbie and Jo-Ann and check out the felted wool bag that Barbie designed and made - just gorgeous........



More news of our day in the following post....this is getting bait large!

3 comments:

  1. what a long wonderful trip you have had, you will probably be so glad to finally reach home. Have fun in Houston, it has been a pleasure to follow your trip as you have posted so many wonderful photos of things that you have seen and that I wish I could have seen in person.
    I love the quilt at the top of your post today. I have one of your books and as soon as I finish up some projects I will begin a quilt from it using your book for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see your post again, missed you. Look forward to catching up when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful adventure you are having, so many lovely people and so many wonderful sights, thanks for taking us "along" stay safe.. hope you have some "stamina "pills for Houston

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x