Tuesday 16 October 2012

Toronto by day

The down side of tours is that there is so little time to do things on your own...and so often places that you would love to go back to. We are getting pretty tired like our travel mates and Larry and i have just worked out we only have one afternoon in New York as I had kind of forgotten I am heading over here for 3 days!! It will be fun though before heading to Houston. Today we had a journey through Toronto....the first photos are through my bus window.......






We did get dropped off for 5 minutes to take a photo of Queen Victoria....pretty pointless for us as she is at home!! But I did snap the black squirrel as well......


More from my seat.....


 Then Gerry took us on a detour through the exclusive suburb of Forest Hill to see the million dollar homes......














The subway....
 and a cat in the oddest place for you Faye!













A few stats of interest....The University of Toronto has 60,000 students with Law and Medicine being their main faculties and Yonge St is the longest street in the world at 1900kms! We then viewed the hockey museum (from the outside!).....


Their impressive gold medal replica when they beat Russia!




and the adjacent mall.......







This afternoon we did a harbour cruise but I will save that for later....we also visited the amazing Eaton centre which is part of the incredible underground city that goes for 11kms. In less than an hour we are having dinner in the CN Tower which will be amazing...better fly as I need to dress up...well a little bit anyway!

1 comment:

  1. i have been following your travels Michele and love all your pictures..but finally you are in my city! this is where i live, I had won a package of wonderful WM fabrics from you a couple of years ago and still fondle them.
    Love seeing this city through other peoples eyes. There is loads to see and do here contact me if you want to say hello.
    Or just have fun glad to know that I am in the same city as you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x