Thursday 19 December 2013

Summer has arrived!

Blah, Blah, Blah…..I am not a great fan of Summer and today was one of the reasons why….it reached 44C  - which in the other language is 111F. It is currently 9.30pm and still 34C - 93F. Looks like a warm night for sleeping. The garden is showing damage in just one day……
The poor Gingko tree always suffers from heat stress………. 
But life has still brought pleasure. I celebrated my 57th birthday yesterday - always grateful to still be alive and kicking and enjoying so much (despite not selling our home!!). Last night we enjoyed a family dinner together and sadly the mobile phone didn't take very good photos with the little man. I would love to have had these taken on my proper camera……

One thing that often happens having a birthday this time of year is that you are actually buying gifts for others on your birthday - which I did do but I also bought something special just for me! Now I know Beau is a train buff but I was into steam trains long before he was born! It is all set up under the dining table and it makes genuine steam train sounds and also plays Christmas carols. Larry catches me every now and then just sitting on the floor enjoying it all….well why not!!


I also found this and it was dirt cheap at only $20. I couldn't decide which William Morris design to get so bought two - as you do. Of course Strawberry Thief is a favourite……(and for those interested it came from The General Trader - how I love that store!)
So the presents are all wrapped and Christmas dinner planned. I hope you enjoy your pre-Christmas time - meanwhile next post I have some show and tell from other quilters which is long overdue.



 (I love my bird decoration Kitty - thank you xx)

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas fellow train buff! Hope it is a great one for you and yours ... and wishing you a wonderful year in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday - sorry for the heat - our winter just started but it is coming in warm for now - freezing a couple weeks ago - go figure. hope you house sells soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot believe I have got away without having one of those cute trains when I have two very small but vocal train buffs in the house! Mind you we are all a bit tired, trying to sleep in this heat is a drag! I love your WM tiered cake stand, just waiting to see what goodies you fill it with! Happy birthday, merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x