Monday 24 April 2017

AQC Round-up

After a slight delay my flight from Melbourne finally landed at 8.15 tonight followed by a 45 minute drive to the comfort of home. It has been a very busy four days at the Australasian Quilt Convention and I know I will sleep like a log after my mandatory soak! I didn't seem to have the time to browse the retail stands or spend a long time admiring the quilts but I still managed a few photos. Luke Haynes was one of the international tutors and his quilts were fabulous..........


 Another international tutor that I have admired from afar - Melissa Sobotka and it was a delight to meet her in person as well......


 Velda Newman who is also from the USA makes imposing and colourful quilts....

There was a display of past convention class quilts and I was thrilled to see Marion's quilt from one of my classes......I have a feeling it was design class but Marion opted to do one of mine!......
 A Susan Carlson class quilt.......
 And one of yours dear Faye!......
 and for you too Lessa.........
 This year included a "Great Australian" bag challenge........






And of course the annual AQC challenge with the theme being "Made in Australia - Flora and Fauna" with 1st Place awarded to Linden Lancaster.....
 Pamela was in my class recently (Illawarra Quilters), and I especially went looking for her entry. Well done Pamela - your quilt is amazing and I love, love the ants!.......


 I admired this and many other quilts too........


 There were also quilts from the International QuiltCon 2017 with the winner being an Australian - Katherine Jones with her quilt "Bling", an innovative foundation pieced interpretation of a cut diamond.........


Last night we attended the gala dinner with the anticipated award announcements including the 2017 Rajah Award which was awarded to a very deserving Lynn Hewitt. The "Best of Australia" award was also announced and our very own Rachelle Denneny was the winner. We are all so very proud of her and this is the second time she has received this honour, this time with her quilt "Modern Movement". Unfortunately I didn't get a good photo but this is Rachelle's and I know she won't mind 😘......Congratulations Rachelle x........
So where was I for most of those four days? Possibly doing a little stitching and some talking, laughing, hugging and smiling....and just having a jolly good time for Bernina! And all underneath these mesmerising ceilings........



 You can see more of my shenanigans on the Bernina Australia Facebook site.! 
Well it is almost 1am and time I hit the sack.....so till next time wherever you are...take care x

5 comments:

  1. so now I was able to put a voice to your face!! how fun watching your little video of you talking and laughing while quilting. It looks like you had a lot of fun - bet your exhausted now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do hope you get to rest for awhile now?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful show and tell, thank you because I had to cancel my planned trip to AQC. Glad you got home safe, hope you had a good sleep in your own bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great post. Glad you're home safe and sound from those 4 fun days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great post. Glad you're home safe and sound from those 4 fun days.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for dropping by and sharing in my journey. And thanks especially for your lovely comments….I may not always respond (especially if there is no email address) but please know you are appreciated x